Technology is everywhere today and it’s an integral part of our life now. Using technology in early childhood education and do the cons outweigh.
As a matter of fact, we’re dependent on technology for our communication needs, our work, and of course, entertainment.
And as children are now exposed to the technology even in their early childhood, preschool teachers are using this opportunity and use technology as a medium to interact, educate, and giving the right lessons to the kids.
Does technology have an adverse effect on children?
What are the pros and cons of using technology in early childhood education and do the cons outweigh its pros?
What’s the right way to use technology in early childhood education?
It’s really important questions parents asking and that has a good reason as recent study proved that too much screentime is actually delaying child development.
To understand that, we have to go through the pros and cons of using technology in early education among children.
Pros and Cons of Using Technology in Early Childhood Education
Not to mention that there are so many advantages of using technology in early childhood education. Additionally, it can also be bad for your child’s development.
And to take the right step, let’s see some pros and cons of using technology.
1. Pros of Using Technology in Early Education
Technology can help the child in a lot of ways and help develop a child’s cognitive skills faster.
Firstly, let’s explore some ways technology is helping your kid.
- It can help your kids learn more new things in different interesting and fun ways. For instance, children can learn the basics of mathematics using playful and interactive applications.
- Technology can help children and teachers co-operate in a creative way. It can help teachers to teach important lessons easily.
- Children can read books and learn using a tablet. They can even watch educational videos on a particular topic.
2. Cons of Using Technology in Early Education
Secondly, technology, if used in the right way, can help in your child’s development. However, it also has some negative effects you should be aware of.
Let’s look at some cons of using technology in early childhood education.
- Technology can so addictive that your child can get totally immersed in it for a long time. And for that, your kid may spend less time socializing with other kids. This can delay your child’s social and emotional skill development.
- Since kids tend to spend less time socializing, as a result, they also tend to have fewer friends.
- Additionally, if your child is consuming too much content using different devices, as a result, the blue light of the screen can mess with your child’s sleep with is definitely bad for her overall development.
In the End…
Technology plays a big role in our lives and now it’s helping teachers to teach children more effectively. Above all, technology can make learning fun and easy for your child, however, it can also mess with her social life and sleep that are bad for her development.
In conclusion, if we use technology with proper rules, a little restriction, and a lot of care, correspondingly, it can help immensely in early childhood education.
PS: How are you planning to use technology in your child’s early years?