One measurable result of media exposure that children are In subject to is the increase in very real, anxiety-related disorders such as obsessive-compulsive behavior, panic attacks, general anxiety disorder, and social anxiety disorder. A Media child can suffer a lot if he becomes an addict.
Evidence is nowhere freshmen, who are suffering from one of the anxiety disorders. Colleges are hard-pressed to meet the demands of these young people who haven’t had to learn how to cope in society outside their home except possibly among a small group of trusted friends they grew up in.
Professors are feeling the pressure to accommodate the needs of anxious students, many of whom require medication. Student health centers are expanding their offerings to include classes or groups designed to meet the needs of those with these disorders. Counselors receive specialized training on how to work with anxious students. Most of these students were toddlers on 9–11 and have evolved with the subsequent paranoia gripping the nation.
Some Negative effects Of Mass-Media On Society
1. It’s easy to force some mindset, trend, political view on the general population.
2. If you only have few strong ones on the market, you can bet they will lean towards one partisan outlook, way of thinking, and always be one-sided. Even do censorship of specific content they find immoral.
3. Objectivity is something none of these media have in common.
4. It can be used to humiliate a person in the eyes of the public conflicts with some of the mass opinions or rules.
5. They have the power to affect elections.
6. They spread and increase tensions between various groups in society.
This lack of value diversity makes each big media one-sided. I strongly doubt a team would consist of people arguing about everything and would need to agree on some article. It is easy if you all have the same view on everything.
Media Child: Common Effects On Children
Some common effects of mass and social media include:
- An addictive nature
- Lack-of-concentration on studies and other activities
- It makes children unsocial
- The most significant impact of media is difficulty in vision. Many children nowadays are with aspects at an early age.
- Many crimes are oriented on media nowadays. It is vital to make your child stay aware of.